Vacancies / Impact Institute
Are you eager to have impact? Do you want to use your skills to make the economy fairer, more inclusive and more sustainable? And do you want to be part of an ambitious, young and fast-growing organization?
We are looking for an intern to strengthen our Sustainable Finance – Consulting team, with a focus on the investment management industry.
As an intern, you will be part of a team that helps our financial services clients transform their organizations by embracing and implementing tools and strategies to measure and manage the impacts of their investments. You will operate in a fundamentally new but growing domain, and contribute to creating innovative ways of allocating capital that rely first and foremost on environmental, social and human considerations.
In more details, you will contribute to a research project focused on the investment management industry, which is one of the focus industries from the Sustainable Finance Consulting team.
The goal of this research project is to develop portfolio management strategies relying exclusively on environmental and social criteria. These strategies would combine existing datasets produced by Impact Institute on the impact of the world economy with more traditional financial data and methods for building and managing investment portfolios.
- Desk research on impact institute datasets and investment management theory
- Development of portfolio management strategies (in Python and Excel / VBA)
- Produce high-quality code, documentation, results and products that can be re-used by other colleagues
- Regular review of results, clear and concise communication of progress with colleagues and management
- Discuss and engage with various colleagues within Impact Institute in order to capture as much as possible the impact institute methods and theory into the developed strategies
- Lead innovative propositions and development ideas
You will contribute to a movement towards steering on impact that can change the world. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of the strategy and team of Impact Institute, as we are a fast-growing organisation which continues to evolve quickly. In addition, you will become a thought leader in impact measurement and valuation applied to sustainable finance and investment management, a fast-growing demand among organizations worldwide. Internationally, Impact Institute is recognized as one of the frontrunners in this field.
You will also benefit from a substantial learning experience across the investment management and sustainable finance fields, working across asset classes and strategies, with a practical exposure to both traditional and innovative portfolio management methods.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate for this role identifies as a bright young individual that is autonomous and has a hands on approach to complex problems. Having already coded in Python is a pre-requisite. Other characteristics cover:
- Strong drive to contribute to a better world and a proven ambition to make the world sustainable
- Experience and/or relevant courses followed on data science and associated development methods
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, evidenced by a relevant degree or academic achievements (e.g. finance, statistics, mathematics, physics, engineering)
- Inherently curious mind willing to explore, try new methods, sometimes fail, and then start over
- Excellent communication and vulgarization skills which enables you to interact at all levels, and explain your research and results to a variety of profiles and seniorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Great and fun personality with strong interpersonal and social skills
Moreover, the candidate will preferable have:
- Work experience (previous internship) in a consulting business/ scale up environment
What we offer
- A dynamic, flexible and stimulating scale-up working environment
- Intrinsically motivated colleagues who want to change the world with you
- Active coaching, regular training (onboarding, team days, consulting training, etc) and supervision
- Access to a strong network
- A dynamic and stimulating working environment with a professional and young culture
- A 5–6 month full-time internship
- A compensation of €425 per month for Interns with a completed Bachelor Degree and €605 per month for Interns with a completed Masters Degree based on a full time internship and commuting costs up to €275 per month
- Active coaching and supervision by a dedicated mentor
- Perspective on a job in case of excellent performance
- Hours per week: 32–40
- Additional benefits: Laptop
Are you ready?
If you recognize yourself in the above, we welcome you to apply for this position by sending your resume, cover letter and list of grades (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We review applications on a rolling basis.
For more information about this position, please contact Adrien Gruson, Senior Associate within the Sustainable Finance and Data teams, at email@example.com
We prefer to have direct contact with our applicants, therefore we do not work with intermediaries, such as recruitment agencies.
About Impact Institute
The Impact Institute is a social enterprise. Our mission at the Impact Institute is to empower organisations and individuals to realise the impact economy. We do this by creating a common language for impact through the publication of open source standards and by providing the tools, training, and services to implement those standards. We give organisations – multinationals, SMEs, NGOs, governments – the information needed for sustainable risk management, innovation and stakeholder management. Read our vision and Mission to learn more about us. The Impact Institute team also powers True Price.
About this vacancy
- Data science